Sunday, September 26, 2010

Turned 35 and all I got was stinkin' muddy!

September...93 degrees.....Started my day coughing up my second lung I believe. I decided, after 4 days of being sick, to head to the Minute Clinic at CVS. Turns out, it was just a sinus infection. Got some amoxil, cough pearls, and a lidocaine rinse for my throat. I also picked up some Riccola (can you hear the song in your head?).

Headed back to the house after stopping by the storage building to empty the tailgate stuff outta my car. Came home and Wesley had put away most of the laundry and had the house looking good.

At 1:30, after remember to shove some food down, we had to pick up Dr. Smithor (my boss) and head to Sandy Run for the USMC MUD RUN!!! Karen and Kevin, and my cousin Kim were meeting us there. We met up with Katie and Michael, who were so gracious to help babysit!!! Not to mention, they already did the Mud Run thing at 6:30 that morning!!! That's why I love them! Kevin, bless his heart, only did this b/c I asked him to. Well, that's why any of my team did it, I guess.

We kept hearing from people that traffic was a nightmare. People were taking two hours to get to the mud run and were starting way after their start times. THAT STINKS!! Dr. Smith had her cousin coming in from Asheville, my cousin from Charleston, not to mention Wesley had a birthday dinner planned for me. So, we get there, and have to WALK 3 miles to the thing b/c traffic was so bad. Then were expected to run this 5 mile course, with obstacles!! Well, when all was said and done... I'm glad we did it. We finished the course and only skipped one obstacle and that was only b/c there were too many people and we'd have been there too long.

I don't know if I'll do it again, but I had a blast doing it this time!!

Hoooah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment